The Keyavi Android app enables you to protect files on your Android phone, send protected files to recipients, open protected files others have given you access to, and manage your protected files.
Download and install the Keyavi Android app from Google Play Store.
You will be asked to log in using your organization’s credentials. Once you sign in, the app will ask you for permission to access your Biometric ID. If you allow this, you will be able to sign in with your Biometric ID from then on.
You will see a splash screen and then be prompted to add a Profile.
- Enter a Profile Name.
- Enter an Organization Code provided by your IT administrator.
If you use Keyavi Desktop, you can also scan this code in from there. Navigate to Settings > Configure your mobile and you will see the QR code.
Tap on the Add button to create your profile.
You will now see the main menu of the app, with Protect, Open, Manage, and Settings options.
Protect a file
You may protect a file stored locally on your device or in the cloud by using the following process.
- Tap on the Protect menu item and then on Select files. From the list of files displayed, select the file(s) you want to protect.
- You may now authorize users or groups to access your protected files by using the following process:
- Tap on Add Authorization
- Pick User, Group, or External
- Then, for each user displayed in the list that you want to grant access to, select either Read-only or Full Access in their access dropdown
- When you are done authorizing users and/or groups, tap on Done
- You may now add a time embargo for your protected file by setting Access Start and Access End dates in the Policy section.
- Tap on the Protect button. You will then see options to share your protected file(s) with recipients via your apps. Select one (for example, Teams), and send your protected file(s) to your recipients.
Instead of sending the file recipient, you can also choose to just save the protected file in any location displayed on your share tray.
- After you send your files, you will be brought back to the Protect screen.
Open a protected file
If you receive a file with the .ikd file extension, you can download it on your mobile device and use the Keyavi Android app to open it. Opening an IKD file is the same as decrypting it.
- Tap on the Open menu item and then on the Select file to open icon (“+”). From the list of files displayed, select the file you want to open. Note that you will only see IKD files available.
If the owner of the file has given you Full Access to the file, you will see a share tray with apps on your device. Select the app (for example, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) that can open the file type of the file. You can now view the decrypted file in its native app. You will be able to copy, edit, and save it.
If the owner of the file has given you Read-only or Edit access to the file, the file will open in a read- only viewer within the app. Supported read-only file types are: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .html, .txt, .xlsx, .xls, .csv, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .ppt, .pptx, and .pdf.
Manage your protected files
Tap on Manage to view your Keyavi Portal dashboard and Data Management pages. You can view your list of protected files and their details, including their chain of custody.
Manage your settings
Tap on Settings to select a light or dark mode, register your location, and access support.